How to scale up a company in today’s world
In this episode we talk with Verne Harnish about how to scale up a company in today’s world.
- Verne Harnish on LinkedIn
- Scaling Up: A Gazelles Company
- Scaling Up Growth Tools
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t
- The Good-Better-Best Approach to Pricing
- Mastering the Complex Sale
- Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:57 Verne Harnish’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast.
- 00:01:29 Verne talks about pricing and why he feels business owners should focus more on it.
- 00:03:02 When it comes to pricing, people are not logical. They are psychological.
- 00:05:44 Verne discusses the “Good-Better-Best Approach to Pricing”.
- 00:07:32 Marketing strategy equals strategy & how most Founders & CEOs are their company’s default Chief Marketing Officers.
- 00:08:29 Go after the customers who value what you bring to the table and use pricing to sort that out.
- 00:12:52 How would you approach pricing your proposal strategy to potential clients?
- 00:14:12 Verne talks about the complex sale and how it requires strong marketing support.
- 00:17:32 At what point should a company start considering pricing strategy?
- 00:20:27 According to Verne, you need both quantitative and qualitative data to guide your company forward.
- 00:25:28 In a Business-to-Business transaction, you may be selling to one person but your service will affect around hundreds.
- 00:28:09 How would you approach prospective companies that you would like to sell your service to?
- 00:31:33 Verne discusses what you should be focusing on in the different stages of your business scaling from $0 to $100 million.
- 00:36:29 Why process improvement is critical in terms of scaling up according to Verne.
- 00:40:27 According to Verne, staff size is a key driver when you need to make certain changes in a company that’s scaling.
- 00:42:12 What are some of the characteristics of the leaders who succeed at scaling from $10 million to $100 million.
- 00:49:24 What advice would you give to companies that are trying to find out the best business approach to succeed in our unpredictable world right now?
- 00:52:44 What are the characteristics of companies that win in our current environment?
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do