Young Henry’s Co-Founder Trent Allan on Growth Hacking, Startup Challenges & Scaling a Business
In this episode, we interview Trent Allan, co-founder of Young Henry’s, chief marketing officer of Appliances Online and Home Clearance, and serial entrepreneur. We talk about growth hacking, the challenges with startups and how to scale a craft beer brand.
- 00:00:00 Trent’s introduction to The Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:10 How would you describe growth hacking?
- 00:01:30 What’s the difference between a growth hacker and a marketer?
- 00:04:02 How far SEO has come
- 00:04:47 SEO has changed a lot.
- 00:05:56 Is timing everything?
- 00:06:38 How important is customer experience
- 00:09:11 Challenges of building a website
- 00:09:40 Appliances to craft beer transition
- 00:11:01 Who are Young Henry’s and what do they do?
- 00:12:46 Why the quality of your product is important.
- 00:13:37 Customer research
- 00:18:35 Community based product
- 00:22:43 The biggest challenges of scaling a beer label.
- 00:24:25 “It happened in America and I reckon I’m confident it will happen here too”
- 00:29:09 Running an agency abroad and the challenges of this.
- 00:31:11 Business failures and the learnings from this
- 00:32:46 ‘The hard things about hard things’ by Ben Horowitz – Trent’s review
- 00:37:23 Common perceptions about successful entrepreneurs and the common misconceptions
- 00:39:40 Outlining that customer experience is important because of your competition.
- 00:42:34 When Tony met Chuck Hahn
- 00:48:05 How to reach Trent Allan for his services
- 00:48:25 Bucket List Items
- 00:49:45 You can invite one person dead or alive. Who is it and why?
- 00:50:24 Thank you, Trent Allan, for coming on the growth manifesto
The Growth Manifesto Podcast is brought to you by Webprofits. We interview business leaders, marketers and entrepreneurs, and share inspiring stories of real people who have succeeded in the business world.
Hosted by Tony Kiss and Alex Cleanthous.
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do