Fat Pizza’s Tahir Bilgic on Comedy, Business, Leadership & Mindset
In this episode, we interview Tahir – one of Australian’s leading comedians. Tahir is an actor, producer, writer and entrepreneur. He has sold out shows across Australia, has produced both movies and TV, and owns a chain of 19 cafes. We talk about comedy, business, leadership, mindset, and everything in between.
- 00:00:09:00 Tahir’s introduction to The Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:24:19 How Tahir’s journey begins – The transitions from teacher, comedy and business
- 00:02:23:13 Where Tahir begins his business entrepreneurial mindset
- 00:04:48:24 Where Tahir’s teaching methods & comedy started
- 00:05:25:06 How do you inspire your team?
- 00:06:38:04 How do you get 100% out of people?
- 00:08:21:00 Setting a high standard for everyone to work to achieve success
- 00:09:38:13 Tony’s memories of school
- 00:11:30:09 How did you overcome initial fears in starting comedy & business?
- 00:20:33:06 Why it’s important to have a plan
- 00:25:25:20 When do you know its the right time to sell your business?
- 00:26:45:00 The difference between a Passion & Money business
- 00:27:41:00 Tahir’s self-promotion & comedy show background
- 00:33:27:16 Why attitude is important
- 00:37:52:16 Having the right perspective is the key to Tahir’s success
- 00:41:47:16 Don’t be afraid to fail
- 00:46:09:19 The importance of knowing you’re industry & having a passion for your specific field.
- 00:49:05:14 Why it’s important to have guidelines & finding the perfect business location.
- 00:53:03:14 Drive growth through your passion
- 00:58:32:08 On the spot strategy with Alex Cleanthous
- 01:02:53:07 Thoughts on today’s influencers
- 01:04:06:08 How to leverage influencers followings
- 01:06:19:11 Dunlop Volleys business turnaround through Chinese influencer
- 01:14:38:15 Experience is the best tool to learn
- 01:16:55:14 Utilise the abundance of tools out there today
- 01:19:18:11 Don’t be afraid to work on multiple projects
- 01:20:42:11 Thank you Tahir for sharing your insights
The Growth Manifesto Podcast is brought to you by Webprofits. We interview business leaders, marketers and entrepreneurs, and share inspiring stories of real people who have succeeded in the business world.
Hosted by Tony Kiss and Alex Cleanthous.
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do