How design thinking drives growth for the Fortune 100
This episode is a discussion with Stephen Gates – Head Design Evangelist at Invision, Host of The Crazy One podcast, international keynote speaker and a leading authority in Human Centred Design, where we talk about how design thinking can drive business growth.
- Stephen Gates on LinkedIn
- Stephen’s Website
- The Crazy One Podcast
- Orbiting the Giant Hairball: A Corporate Fool’s Guide to Surviving with Grace
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:53 Stephen’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast.
- 00:01:53 Stephen talks about impostor syndrome, how he defines creativity vs. design, and how he believes everyone is creative
- 00:05:00 Stephen explains his crazy approach to design, creativity, and business
- 00:08:16 What Stephen means by a “human-centered” approach to doing business and how he figures out what customers want
- 00:11:48 According to Stephen, great design is a visual representation of great thinking and collaboration is where the magic of creativity happens
- 00:15:10 Stephen talks about the Design Maturity of a company
- 00:19:25 Why you should invest in trusting and empowering your people to be creative
- 00:21:55 Stephen talks about his design methodology
- 00:23:38 What exactly does a Head Design Evangelist do?
- 00:25:15 Why Stephen thinks 100% of the Fortune 100 companies are on the InVision app?
- 00:28:54 Stephen discusses InVision’s expansion as a product
- 00:30:02 What’s an example where companies use the InVision app to push out products faster?
- 00:31:55 What led to InVision gaining over 2 million new customers in the last 6 months?
- 00:32:52 Stephen talks about InVision’s teams being 100% remote ever since they started to now having 700 to 800 people working remotely
- 00:36:35 What are some good approaches to onboarding remotely?
- 00:38:18 How do you lead a team remotely?
- 00:41:34 How do you build high performance teams remotely?
- 00:45:24 How do you build transparency among your teams while you’re working remotely?
- 00:46:48 What’s your approach that led you to win over 150 major design awards?
- 00:49:43 Quickfire questions with Stephen
- 00:55:42 Where would you like the listeners to go or what would you like them to do after this episode?
- 00:56:43 Stephen’s goal with The Crazy One Podcast
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do