Growth, marketing, branding & recruitment with Russ Perry from Design Pickle
This episode is a discussion with Russ Perry, CEO and founder of Design Pickle – the world’s #1 unlimited graphic design service. We talk about growth, marketing, branding and recruitment (and everything in between).
- 00:00:38 Russ’ Introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:44 Why Design Pickle?
- 00:04:07 The initial success of Design Pickle
- 00:06:23 Russ talks about putting a face to the brand of Design Pickle
- 00:08:15 How do you measure how the brand affects the rest of the business?
- 00:11:23 Has Design Pickle changed their direct-response approach as a company after growing bigger?
- 00:13:27 How do you assess the brand’s success?
- 00:17:43 How has Design Pickle’s marketing changed in the last 2 years compared to when you started?
- 00:19:48 How did Design Pickle make LinkedIn Ads work?
- 00:22:40 The different target personas that Design Pickle targets
- 00:23:54 Russ explains that the less steps we have for someone to learn or buy, the more successful our advertising will be
- 00:26:05 “If you don’t want to talk on the phone, you don’t have confidence in what you’re selling”
- 00:28:21 Russ’ approach to hiring people
- 00:31:33 Russ and Alex talk about their stories of grit from their old jobs
- 00:32:50 Open-ended writing questions are the best way to screen a volume of candidates
- 00:37:10 From a marketing team perspective, what are the roles that are critical to have in-house?
- 00:41:13 How does Russ approach competition?
- 00:43:41 You can’t copy the brand
- 00:46:56 How do you balance family and business life?
- 00:48:45 Russ’ main tip for managing your time and work-life balance
- 00:50:30 Quickfire questions with Russ
- Russ Perry on LinkedIn
- Russ Perry’s Website
- Design Pickle Website
- Thou Shall Prosper: Ten Commandments for Making Money
You’re listening to the 2020 Marketing Series on The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits where we talk about how to drive business and marketing success through the rest of 2020.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do