A new way to think about strategy and business
In this episode we talk with Roger Martin – one of the leading strategy thinkers in the world, consulting with companies like Procter & Gamble, Lego and Ford, and author of 12 books including Playing To Win – about the concepts from his latest book, A New Way To Think.
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrowthManifestoPodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:21 Roger Martin’s introduction
- 00:00:36 Roger’s ‘A New Way To Think’ book inspiration
- 00:03:29 The reason why current models are outdated
- 00:10:27 How a company’s success starts with its customers
- 00:15:04 Why scale is not as much of an advantage in the business world
- 00:19:30 Unconscious habit vs conscious loyalty
- 00:23:00 The Hansel and Gretel effect
- 00:29:22 What should a company focus on when changing habits?
- 00:33:21 Making decisions based on a data vs imagination
- 00:44:48 What does it take for a company to use imagination in decision making?
- 00:51:33 The best models to begin with
- 00:55:37 How to contact Roger Martin
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do