How FloQast became a $1B SaaS company in 8 years
This episode is with Mike Whitmire – Co-Founder and CEO at FloQast, a SaaS platform that helps accountants improve their operational workflows. FloQast recently raised $110M in Series D funding valuing the company at $1.2B. In this episode we talk about how they built a billion dollar company in 8 years in the B2B SaaS space.
- FloQast Website
- FloQast on LinkedIn
- FloQast on Facebook
- FloQast on Instagram
- Mike Whitmire on LinkedIn
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:01:07 Mike Whitmire introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:56 What does FloQast provide?
- 00:04:17 How did you cope with the transition?
- 00:08:55 What’s the first 24 months like when you started this kind of venture?
- 00:14:59 How hard was it to scrap your project?
- 00:18:58 How did you get your first 10 customers?
- 00:22:17 Do you hire your accountants and train them on sales?
- 00:24:15 How many clients did you have before you started investing in marketing?
- 00:26:10 How did you shift sales and marketing to attract larger companies?
- 00:28:53 What is your content strategy?
- 00:33:33 What is your approach in content creation?
- 00:40:20 Why did you choose the investment/funding path?
- 00:40:55 Are there any changes in your operations when you got the $1.3 million
- 00:41:25 Are there any big changes in the process when you had $110 million versus $1.3 million raise?
- 00:45:11 Are there any changes in the business now that you raised $110 million?
- 00:49:55 Is there anything which you thought was true but wasn’t?
- 00:52:15 What’s your approach to the culture of FloQast?
- 00:55:10 What’s the hardest thing for you when it comes to growth?
- 00:59:05 Is FloQast an international brand?
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do