How to build a more impactful team to drive extraordinary growth
This episode is with Liz Wiseman – author of the best-selling books Multipliers, The Multiplier Effect, Rookie Smarts, with her new book being released in October – Impact Players. Liz is the CEO of the Wiseman Group – a leadership and development firm based out of Silicon Valley with clients like Apple, AT&T, Disney, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Salesforce, Tesla and Twitter. And in 2019 was recognised as the top leadership thinker in the world. In this episode we talk about how to build a more impactful team to drive extraordinary growth.
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:01:18 Liz Wiseman introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:02:23 What are the challenges that executive’s have in today’s world?
- 00:05:17 Is there a lack of vision because of uncertainty?
- 00:06:25 How would you define impact players?
- 00:14:02 How do you create a high contribution organization?
- 00:15:51 What are a couple of things that people can do that can start them turning into multiplayer instead of a diminisher?
- 00:18:40 Liz advises that instead of asking if this person is smart, rather ask, in what way is this person smart?
- 00:24:05 Can you tell me the difference between impact players and contributors?
- 00:27:54 Is it true that certain people have a certain mindset and it is hard to change?
- 00:31:19 Are there any ways in which you’ve experimented on how to hire or find these impact players?
- 00:48:10 Is it true that impact players are more likely to become leaders of an organization?
- 00:51:16 Can everybody in the organization be an impact player?
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do