How to use emotional intelligence to build a world-class organisation
This episode is a discussion with Linda Simonsen – CEO and Founder of Kleu – a digital tool which develops the emotional fitness of employees to improve well-being, workplace culture and performance. We talk about emotional intelligence (aka emotional fitness) and how you can leverage it to build a world-class organisation.
- 00:00:36 Linda’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:34 What’s the definition of emotional intelligence?
- 00:03:20 Linda talks about emotional labor in relation to emotional intelligence
- 00:05:54 A big part of emotional intelligence is understanding who you are and what role emotions play in your life
- 00:06:42 Unlike intelligence quotient (IQ), emotional intelligence (EQ) can be learned
- 00:09:40 What are some of the things that people can do to improve your emotional fitness and emotional intelligence?
- 00:12:07 How do you see the blind spots in your emotional intelligence you need to improve?
- 00:15:25 Linda’s team has created different workplace scenarios where employees can practice their emotional intelligence in different situations
- 00:17:40 What is empathy in relation to emotional fitness?
- 00:20:20 Tips on how to manage your emotional state & emotional response (Intervention techniques)
- 00:23:36 Let’s respond. Not react.
- 00:24:45 How do you recover from reacting negatively to a situation?
- 00:27:45 Two elements to Trust: Confidence & Character
- 00:29:21 How important is emotional fitness in being a good leader?
- 00:31:12 Linda got really interested in equipping frontline employees with emotional fitness
- 00:32:23 If I want to become a leader, do I need to be emotionally fit?
- 00:34:39 How does a company ensure that the people they promote to a management role have the right capabilities in terms of emotional intelligence?
- 00:37:18 Should you promote someone who is more technically competent or someone who is more emotionally fit to be a leader?
- 00:39:20 How long would it take to upskill someone in terms of emotional fitness?
- 00:41:58 What are some things one can do to look after their emotional well-being?
- 00:44:25 How do you track or measure emotional intelligence?
- 00:48:26 In a world where Artificial Intelligence is taking a lot more roles, where does emotional intelligence fit in?
- 00:50:45 There’s a difference between emotions and feelings
- 00:54:50 Quickfire questions with Linda
- 00:56:36 Linda’s last words to share on emotional fitness and emotional intelligence
- 00:58:24 How to get a hold of Linda and Kleu
- Linda Simonsen on LinkedIn
- Stealing Fire: How Silicon Valley, the Navy SEALs, and Maverick Scientists Are Revolutionizing the Way We Live and Work
You’re listening to the 2020 Marketing Series on The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits where we talk about how to drive business and marketing success through the rest of 2020.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do