From Entrepreneur to Prime Minister of Haiti – Laurent Lamothe’s growth story
This episode is with Laurent Lamothe – a global thought leader, technology entrepreneur and known as Haiti’s longest-serving Prime Minister. Laurent is a visionary leader who is driven by a deep sense of global social responsibility, and is a thought leader in social entrepreneurship, impact programs, technology and innovative finance. He is a successful entrepreneur who leverages his business and management expertise to develop critical infrastructure in emerging nations. And recently published his new book The Hands of the Prime Minister. In this episode we talk about Laurent’s journey from entrepreneur to Prime Minister of Haiti, including lessons along the way.
- Laurent Lamothe’s Website
- Laurent Lamothe on LinkedIn
- Global Voice Group
- LSL World Initiative
- The Hands of the Prime Minister
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrowthManifestoPodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:46 Laurent Lamothe’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:42 Laurent talks about his upbringing and sports background
- 00:03:16 How did you make the transition from sportsperson to businessperson?
- 00:05:44 Was it hard transitioning from sports to business?
- 00:06:38 How did you get the idea for the Global Voice Group?
- 00:07:57 What were some of the things you did to help grow and scale the Global Voice Group?
- 00:12:05 Laurent strongly urges people to listen to their customers
- 00:13:23 What were some of the biggest lessons you’ve learned from business that help you in your political career?
- 00:15:32 What do you think are the characteristics of a good team that can support you in achieving a big strategic goal
- 00:18:10 What made you decide to jump from the business world into the political world?
- 00:19:21 What were the biggest things you had to quickly learn to succeed in politics?
- 00:20:41 What are some of the best ways to build a consensus on a topic?
- 00:22:01 How did you transition from being the foreign minister of Haiti to becoming their prime minister and why did you choose to take the role?
- 00:23:57 What was it like being prime minister and what were some of your biggest achievements?
- 00:26:59 What was the hardest thing you had to deal with as prime minister?
- 00:28:07 How Laurent was able to manage dealing with the rebuilding of Haiti as well as focusing on other important sectors as prime minister
- 00:29:57 How Laurent deals with the possibility that he’s not going to make everybody happy
- 00:31:49 What were the biggest lessons you’ve learned from your experience as prime minister?
- 00:34:17 What is the LSL World Initiative?
- 00:35:20 Laurent gives us some examples of innovative financing
- 00:36:37 Laurent talks about how things are harder after his term as prime minister
- 00:38:46 What are the principles that have served you best across your career?
- 00:40:01 Laurent talks about his planning process
- 00:41:02 What has had the biggest impact on your success?
- 00:41:59 Laurent suggests that if you want to make an impact in the world, you need to stay in the know and stay ahead of the curb
- 00:45:01 What’s the best way for a company to affect change and help the world?
- 00:46:07 Where people can purchase Laurent’s book “The Hand of the Prime Minister”
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do