Redefining career development in a remote-first world
This episode is with Julie Winkle Giulioni – author of the international bestseller – Help Them Grow or Watch them Go, and one of Inc Magazine’s Top 100 Leadership Speakers. In this episode we talk about her latest book – Promotions Are So Yesterday – Redefine Career Development and Help Employees Thrive.
- Julie Winkle Giulioni Website
- Julie Winkle Books
- Julie Winkle LinkedIn
- Julie Winkle Giulioni Facebook Page
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrowthManifestoPodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:20 Julie Winkle Giulioni’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:00 Julie’s inspiration to write her book “Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go”?
- 00:03:19 The cause of resignation
- 00:11:04 Seven things that contribute to a positive experience at work other than promotion
- 00:19:48 How a team leader can help you contribute
- 00:24:26 The difference between purpose and contribution
- 00:26:48 The strategic contribution
- 00:29:00 The challenges between face-to-face and remote set-up
- 00:32:19 Example scenarios of on-the-job training and upskilling in a hybrid environment
- 00:34:15 Explanation of Strategic Teaming
- 00:37:29 The importance of connection
- 00:42:18 The difference between volume connection and quality connection
- 00:43:17 Why being a mentor is a valuable experience
- 00:44:50 What is contentment?
- 00:51:25 The challenges leaders have to face
- 00:54:29 The best time to catch up with your team
- 00:56:51 The best way to reach Julie Winkle Giulioni
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do