How to scale a fitness brand
This episode is with Jennifer Cohen – best-selling author, brand strategist, international speaker, educator, CEO of Suprema Fitness (a full service agency for the biggest names in fitness) and host of the Habits & Hustle Podcast. She was recently named in the “100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness” by Greatist and is currently ranked #16 “Most Impactful Fitness Entrepreneurs” by Web MD. In this episode we talk about how to build and scale a fitness brand in today’s competitive digital environment, and the mindset needed to make it happen.
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:33 Jennifer Cohen’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:00:59 Alex introduces the topic for the day on how to build successful fitness brands in today’s competitive digital environment and the mindset to make it happen.
- 00:01:35 What’s the common state of the fitness industry in 2021? How would you describe the state of the industry right now?
- 00:04:44 Do you think that virtual workouts are here to stay for at least 2 to 3 more years?
- 00:05:49 So basically, you help athletes create online training programs, is that correct?
- 00:06:10 Jennifer introduces her 1st project which is called SUPREMA
- 00:09:04 A lot of people are looking for this information online. It does feel like a demand with these kinds of products, with these kinds of ways to train which is much harder than it was in the past. Isn’t it the correct statement?
- 00:11:29 What would you say are some of the best ways to differentiate yourself from this sea of other trainers? What’s the best way to stand-out in this environment?
- 00:16:03 How do you balance the combination between fitness content and content about yourself?
- 00:22:50 You said that you build your fitness brand through media other than social channels, how do you build it?
- 00:29:12 How did you come up with your hustle?
- 00:32:19 How do you help yourself to be open?
- 00:32:55 Jennifer highlights that instead of thinking about too much stuff, the best way is to have confidence and focusing on what you’re good at.
- 00:35:20 What is the best advice you can give to the celebrities/influencers with a lot of following but they are unsure of how to monetise in the right way? How can you help them to create a fitness brand?
- 00:40:00 Is there always a way to monetise fitness according to what the viewers want?
- 00:40:34 Jeniffer shares that there’s alway a way to build someone’s brand, but one should know more about authenticity, know your strengths and weaknesses and what you really stand for.
- 00:46:18 Can you tell us more about your thoughts on winning?
- 00:46:38 Jennifer answers that it is all about being bold, chasing what you want, not just taking what you get.
- 00:46:55 Jennifer also shares that we should focus on what we desire instead of being just comfortable in what’s good enough for us.
- 00:48:52 Aside from being bold, what do you mean by being bold?
- 00:49:59 Jennifer advises to put yourself out there. It’s all about being true to yourself.
- 00:50:29 Jennifer also shares that she would rather live in the situation where she’s rejected rather than living in a place of regret.
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do