Ja Rule’s journey from #1 selling recording artist to tech entrepreneur
This episode is with Ja Rule – recording artist, writer and entrepreneur. He’s the Head of Artists and Repertoire at Flipkick, and co-founder and investor at ICONN App. In this episode we talk about Ja Rule’s journey from #1 selling recording artist to tech entrepreneur, and how he’s helping to give control back to music artists.
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:48 Ja Rule’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:19 How did the battle with Fat Joe go yesterday?
- 00:02:12 What are the biggest challenges that you had to overcome in your transition from music to business?
- 00:02:58 How long did it take you to learn about this industry?
- 00:05:45 Alex speaks on how you’re only limited in business by how creative you think.
- 00:07:12 What does your team look like? Or what kind of people help you to drive your success?
- 00:08:08 How would you describe an NFT?
- 00:09:53 Can you talk about the challenges in the last 10-20 years with limited use of the internet and how has the game changed for aspiring artists out there?
- 00:12:07 What are the ways an artist can make money?
- 00:13:18 What are the kinds of things you can put onto the blockchain as an NFT that can generate another revenue stream?
- 00:19:28 What advice would you give to music artists?
- 00:20:30 How do you get exposure these days?
- 00:25:20 What are some of the biggest lessons that you’ve learned through your journey?
- 00:28:38 How do you choose who you have around you? And what do you look for in them?
- 00:33:51 How important is it to you to never quit?
- 00:37:29 What’s next for you? What’s the vision for the future for you?
- 00:38:17 How can people be a part of this?
- 00:38:44 What’s the one thing that you want the listeners or the viewers of this podcast to do?
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do