How to use the 4DX system to drive growth
This episode is with Chris McChesney – the lead-author of the best-selling book in the world on strategy execution – The 4 Disciplines of Execution (or 4DX). For nearly 20 years Chris has been the Global Practice Leader of Execution for FranklinCovey and has led FranklinCovey’s ongoing design and development of these principles, as well as the consulting organisation that has achieved extraordinary growth in many countries around the globe and impacted hundreds of organisations. Chris has led the implementation of the 4DX system at companies like Marriott International, Ritz Carlton, Coca Cola, Comcast and Lockheed Martin. In this episode we talk about how to use the 4DX system to drive growth.
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:46 Chris McChesney introduction to the podcast.
- 00:01:25 Alex introduces the topic on how to use the 4DX Execution to drive growth.
- 00:02:04 Alex asks about 4DX System.
- 00:02:49 Which is harder? Create Strategy or Execution?
- 00:04:43 How do you define Strategy?
- 00:06:24 To make it simple, Where do you wanna go when it comes to strategy?
- 00:07:54 How do you actually get the most out of the team?
- 00:16:02 What would you say are some of the best ways to differentiate yourself from this sea of other trainers? What’s the best way to stand-out in this environment?
- 00:16:18 How do you actually help to change the foundation through breakthrough?
- 00:16:32 How do you communicate or lead this breakthrough as a leader?
- 00:17:05 Chris advises not to underestimate small wins.
- 00:20:31 Could you please describe what is Strategic Bottleneck?
- 00:27:50 Chris shared that he always give feedback to the leadership team that “You don’t have to sell, you don’t have to argue. You are the boss and it’s your choice in the end” You don’t have to argue but you need to listen.
- 00:47:33 What are some of the things that a company can do or the leadership team can do to refine the next paths?
- 00:53:13 What is commitment and how does it work?
- 00:57:00 So the team creates their own commitment?
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do