How to use technology to optimise every part of your life
This episode is with Chris Dancy – the world’s most connected person (and when I say connected, I’m not talking about his personal networks), mindful cyborg, and author of the book ‘don’t unplug’. In this episode we talk about how to use technology to optimise every part of your life.
- Chris Dancy’s Website
- Chris Dancy on LinkedIn
- Don’t Unplug: How Technology Saved My Life and Can Save Yours Too
- The Social Dilemma
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/webprofitstv/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:50 Chris Dancy’s introduction to the Growth Manifesto Podcast
- 00:01:19 What do you say to people that say we are “too connected”?
- 00:04:06 What do you have to say about the privacy concern that people have about their data being taken and stored on the cloud when they’re “too connected”?
- 00:06:18 Chris explains autonomy in relation to technology
- 00:09:04 Chris tells us how he ended up with the moniker “ the Most Connected Man on Earth”
- 00:14:25 According to Chris, tens of thousands of things are tracking most people today
- 00:17:14 What is Airtable and how does it work?
- 00:20:55 Chris explains his Airtable automation process and how he integrates it in his life
- 00:26:43 “We don’t know how to measure what we care about so we care about what we measure”
- 00:30:10 Chris and Alex talk about “The Social Dilemma”
- 00:32:30 According to Chris, when you want to start using Airtable, start with one process and make it very simple.
- 00:35:18 How much do you spend reviewing the data that you track when you literally track everything?
- 00:38:45 Chris talks about his ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram) on Airtable
- 00:44:22 When it comes to technology today, a lot of people are on autopilot and not autonomous which makes them cyborgs. Chris is advocating for these people to become “mindful cyborgs”
- 00:50:51 According to Chris, when it comes to tracking your data, just keep it simple
- 00:52:55 What is the one thing you want the listeners of this podcast to do?
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do