How Bellroy built a global DTC brand in the carry goods space
In this episode we talk with Andy Fallshaw – Co-Founder and CEO at Bellroy, a company that specialises in producing high quality, wallets, bags and accessories – about how they leveraged DTC marketing to build a global accessory brand that’s generated hundreds of millions of dollars in sales.
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrowthManifestoPodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:00 Introduction of Andy Fallshaw
- 00:00:39 Andy’s background and founding Bellroy
- 00:02:05 Bellroy’s mission
- 00:03:50 Bellroy’s unique product design
- 00:06:15 Bellroy’s approach to customer feedback and experience
- 00:08:40 Bellroy’s marketing strategies and how they implement them
- 00:10:10 How did Andy create a successful brand?
- 00:10:40 Bellroy’s focus on sustainability
- 00:11:40 Why did Andy choose to start a brand focused on slim wallets?
- 00:12:50 Bellroy’s company culture and values
- 00:15:50 When did Bellroy start to gain traction and become successful?
- 00:16:50 The challenges of growing a company
- 00:18:55 Bellroy’s expansion into new markets
- 00:20:40 Bellroy’s pandemic response and remote work
- 00:23:05 The importance of understanding customer needs
- 00:26:10 Bellroy’s approach to innovation and new product development
- 00:28:40 The role of feedback loops in product development
- 00:31:13 What are some of the core values and principles that drive Bellroy’s success?
- 00:31:39 Which feedback loops does Bellroy use to course correct as they go?
- 00:32:31 The importance of focusing on the customer and brand story
- 00:33:18 How to find Bellroy products
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do