The future of gaming, Web3 and the metaverse
This episode is with Aleksandr (‘Shurick’) Agapitov, the founder, CEO and man behind the multibillion-dollar gaming payment enterprise Xsolla which is used by Epic Games, Ubisoft, Twitch and hundreds more. We talk about the future of gaming, the metaverse, Facebook, Web3 and what changes we can expect to see in the next 5-8 years.
You’re listening to The Growth Manifesto Podcast, a Zoom video series brought to you by Webprofits – a digital growth consultancy that helps global and national businesses attract, acquire, and retain customers through digital marketing.
Hosted by Alex Cleanthous.
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrowthManifestoPodcast
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/webprofits/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/web-profits/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Webprofits/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/webprofits
- Agency: https://www.webprofits.io
- 00:00:30 Aleksandr (Shurick) Agapitov introduction
- 00:01:30 About Xsolla
- 00:04:08 What Motivated Shurick to Open a Gaming Payment Facility?
- 00:05:43 Is Shurick a Developer?
- 00:08:55 The Biggest Changes in the Gaming Industry
- 00:15:41 The Growth of the Gaming Industry Through Mobile Games
- 00:18:35 How Esports Works
- 00:19:19 How the Gaming Industry will Change in the Next Few Years
- 00:21:28 The Definition of the Metaverse
- 00:24:07 Photorealistic 3D Gaming
- 00:25:34 How Do You Access the Metaverse?
- 00:30:05 Facebook and the Metaverse
- 00:36:55 Metaverse as an Open Platform
- 00:38:06 Biggest Apps in the Metaverse
- 00:45:05 How NFTs were Integrated Into The Metaverse.
- 00:48:16 The Challenge in NFTs
- 00:50:46 The Definition of Crypto Game
- 00:52:45 Xsolla’s Plan in the Future
- 00:55:38 Why is Web3 Upside Down?
- 00:58:14 The Best Way to Contact Shurick
Now that you’re here…
Why not take a few minutes to see how Webprofits can help you achieve your growth aspirations?
We helped one company grow from $25M to $190M revenue in 4 years, and we work with challenger brands that want to make a serious impact in their industry and have the resources (and the will) to make it happen.
If you want a growth strategy that leads the way in your industry, find out how Webprofits can help you transform your digital marketing.See what we can do